Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Shopping

Now I am a self confessed shopaholic, I love everything about high street shopping, and yes of course I love designer (but only to look at I'm afraid!!), so of course when we moved to New Jersey I relished the opportunity to tackle New York shopping.  From spending the day shopping at an 8 floor store - the world largest dept store - yes you guessed Macy's, to finding  real bargains in the outlet malls, I quickly got over my sadness at missing River Island....
There is definitely something for everyone here.. even my Husband who has to be the worst shopper I have ever met, can even manage to spend a couple of hours in the Mall without getting into bad form.. and has even managed to shop by himself... My 4 year daughter's wardrobe had dramatically increased.!!
The best and by far the easiest place to shop for a bargain are the the discount dept. stores -Marshall and TJ Maxx (yes this is TK Maxx), you can get anything from Gucci Shoes (yes i did!!) to Levi Jeans and everything in between, heavily discounted...
Here is New Jersey/New York you have Century 21 which would be the most popular Discount store in New York, the flag ship store is located at 22 Cortlandt St, New York.  This is a fantastic store (in my opinion), but beware this stores gets very very busy...
It not just Clothing that is cheap.. you can get a real bargain on Furniture and home furnishing, now don't get me wrong there are very high end luxurious stores but, you can if you are prepared find a real bargain. 
Even after a year here I still feel like a kid in a candy store when I get to go into New York Shopping..


I am at the moment getting ready for the Winter, and so I bought myself a new winter coat last week.  This is a Michael Kors Puffa Coat 3/4 length, original priced was $385.00 I got it for $70.00, I was chuffed with myself and, I will definitly be warm standing on the sideline and the sunday soccer game.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment