Friday, January 18, 2013

The spring clean out begins...

So we are nearly through the worst month of the year, and boy was it tough, with suffering from post Christmas blues, to realizing that I now need to diet. to dealing with the extreme cold it has been tough. 
January has always been a long tough month, but I only realized this year just how depressing it is, I think because i'm not working, and at home most days, it just seems longer, and every channel that you put on it all about "new year, new you" it gets old fast... 

So to keep busy, I started what we all do around this time of the year, "spring clean".  I started to clear out all the old rubbish from kitchen equipment to the clothes that have not been wore in years.. yes I went through it all, and anyone who has done a clear out, I mean a real clear out know the feeling that you get when you do this, it hard to describe, you just feel lighter some how. 
The problem is however that now I have all these bags down in the basement (i'm not going to say how many there is, lets just say there is enough!!!) , what to do, I could of course donate them, and I probably will with most of them, and then sitting down having a glass of wine watching Grey's last night I thought, what about a clothes swap party ( I know i thought of that while watching Grey's I blame the wine!).
I know that these type of parties were starting to get big in Ireland before I left, so I  thought that if it works in Ireland it will work here, (although I am sure that they are all over the place), now the only issue with this as my hubbie pointed out to me is that I was to clear out not get more stuff... but hey I love clothes..

So that's my next project... I'll let oyu all know how it goes..

Let me know if anyone else has started the big Spring Clear out..


No comments:

Post a Comment